Over the past few years, integration among counties has emerged. Counties have formed blocs largely due to their historical, political and economic similarities. The following six (6) blocs have already been established though mutual understanding between the various counties;
- Frontier Counties Development Council (FCDC) comprising of seven (7) counties namely; Garissa, Wajir, Mandera,Isiolo, Marsabit, Tana River and Lamu. Read more
- North Rift Economic Bloc (NOREB) comprising of seven (8) counties namely Uasin Gishu, Trans-Nzoia, Nandi, Elgeyo Marakwet, West Pokot, Baringo, Samburu and Turkana. Read more
- Lake Region Economic Bloc (LREB) comprising of thirteen (13) counties namely Migori, Nyamira, Siaya, Vihiga, Bomet, Bungoma, Busia, Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisii, Kisumu, Trans Nzoia and Kericho. Read more
- Jumuia ya Kaunti za Pwani comprising of six (6) counties namely, Tana River, Taita Taveta, Lamu, Kilifi, Kwale and Mombasa
- South Eastern Kenya Economic Bloc comprising of three (3) counties namely Kitui, Machakos and Makueni. Read more
- Mt. Kenya and Aberdares Region Economic Bloc Comprising of ten (10) counties namely Nyeri, Nyandarua, Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Embu, Kirinyaga, Murang’a, Laikipia, Nakuru and Kiambu.
The blocs are intended to spur economic growth within the respective regions through policy harmonization and resource mobilization.