A centre of excellence in management of devolution and arid and semi arid lands for high quality of life for Kenyans.
To provide policy direction and leadership for effective management of devolution and arid and semi arid lands.
The mandate of the State Department of Devolution includes:
- Devolution Policy
- Capacity Building and Technical Assistance to County Governments
- Intergovernmental relations
- Management, monitoring and evaluation of Devolution Affairs
- Promote socio-economic development
- Community mobilization
- Food Relief Management
- Implementation of special programmes for the development of Northern Kenya and other Arid Lands