The State Department of Devolution was established under Executive Order 2/2013 of May 2013 to provide leadership in devolution affairs. The Department draws its mandate from the Constitution of Kenya 2010, the County Governments Act 2012, the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012, the Public Finance Management Act 2012 among others.
A center of excellence in management of devolution for high quality of life for Kenyans.
To provide policy direction and leadership for effective management of devolution .
The mandate of the State Department of Devolution includes:
- Devolution Policy
- Capacity Building and Technical Assistance to County Governments
- Intergovernmental relations
- Management, monitoring and evaluation of Devolution Affair
- Honesty &Integrity
- professionalism and ethical practice
- equity and equality
- accountability and transparency
- teamwork and passion for results innovativeness and creativity
- customer centered service
- mutual respect
- participatory approach and inclusiveness